DAMAGED ITEM IN SHIPMENT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAMAGED ITEM IN SHIPMENT

It's 8:11 pm here in Miami. I'm almost 40 minute waiting for someone to answer the phone at SLC. WHAT GIVES? I received a broken item today. Who can I contact if you guys don't answer the phone? Is there at least an email where I can report this? And change that awful music.

Well, after an hour of waiting on the phone I finally got an answer and my problem was resolved. I will be getting a replacement of the damaged item and a new catalog. Thanks guys.

Comment

Be careful which payment methods you use when buying from this company. They violate many Federal Trade Commission rules. They charge buyers weeks and even months before shipping an item, do not notify buyers if orders are canceled, give fake tracking numbers and refund to store credit when FTC guidelines state that refunds must be returned to payment source (check/money order=check, credit card=credit card refund). Store credit is worth less than actual cash back.

Pay with paypal and file not received claims if you have no tracking within 5 days and do not close that case until you receive the item. If paying by credit card do a chargeback.

Comment

• slcAdmin
        slcAdmin commented
        Editing a comment
        Ruined, we replied to you in a different thread, but would still like to speak with you about your experience. Our warehouse and shipping delays have caused some issues, but we assure you that we are getting back on track. Please contact our member services line at 1-800-345-4762 or let us know the best way to reach you.

Thanks Ruined, But in the many years I've been working with this company, I have never ran into any problems you mentioned. This shipping problem they had for the last couple of months is the first time there was an issue. And since I'm careful with my finances, I have not found any problems.

Comment

Same here. I think this was just an unfortunate situation that will improve in time. From my observances it looks like the company is experiencing some major growth & has been trying to improve their capability to handle it. I'm sure it's been no easy feat to move while trying to maintain operations. Then, when systems don't work as planned, that must be a nightmare.

Plus, I doubt that anyone has been given "fake" tracking numbers. It's more likely that the shipping label was created in advance but it took longer than anticipated to pack the order & get it on the truck.

Comment

I was given FAKE - DEAD tracking numbers several times and each of those tracking numbers never shipped.. The shipping is still a nightmare and has not gotten better either! I am just wondering how much longer it is going to take for them to get back on top of things. This is just ridiculous! I placed an order last Wednesday and it still hasn't shipped.. The silence is just unprofessional and while they are ignoring us they are busy trying to hustle up new members who will be walking into a hot mess not knowing whats going on..
          Last edited by sotiro; 02-04-2015, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• slcAdmin
            slcAdmin commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Sotiro. Shipping is getting MUCH better, we are happy to report. We're still sticking with the shipping times we've posted numerous times here in the forums, on Facebook, and in emails:

FBA – 2 days
            Small drop-ship orders of 3 or less pieces (small items): 2-4 business days
            For Case Picks of 1 or more cases: 5-7 business days
            Large Orders 4 or more pieces: 7-10 business days

If you'd like to speak with our Member Services team, we'd be happy to address any other issues you've experience: 1-800-345-4762

Sotiro, which site are you using to place your orders (the new one at www or the older one at www2)?
          The last two I placed on the new site came in just fine. The one I placed on the old site took a long time.

...these were personal orders. I'm still not comfortable placing drop-ship orders just yet.
          Last edited by Store-n-Decor; 02-04-2015, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• sotiro
            sotiro commented
            Editing a comment
            I am using the old site.. I refuse to use the new one.. I have heard stories that items ordered on the new site didn't ship. Nothing works right on the new site so I don't know why they have it up for. I used the new site once because my vip manager told me it was the updated one.. well that was a lie because of inaccurate inventory I lost a huge sale. I have found that the old one is accurate so I stick with that one.. it just goes to show you they have not improved and things haven't gotten better.. some orders ship out quickly and others take forever it is just a hot mess.. I was told by upper management why don't I shut my site down.. I told her if you can't handle the orders then why don't you shut down.. I need the money so I put the orders in and pray they get shipped out.. I was told placing orders would be at my own risk..

My order is still sitting in there it is 8 days now. I had to cancel two in January because they would not ship or give me any idea when it would ship.. I had to refund two customers and they were large orders.

I have been with this company for 10 years and never had one problem until now.. this is just disgusting the way things are being handled! The silence is beyond words!

I never had these issues with the old and the new site. So far all of my delayed orders arrived and my newest ones are in transit. If you guys are having these issues then you need to stay on top of them everyday if you have to.

Comment

I finally got the 2 tier chip and dip set that SLC replaced because the first one arrived broken. I would love this set but for one thing. THIS ONE ARRIVED BROKEN TOO! As with the first one, The shipping box did not look damaged. However, just like the first one it was improperly packaged. You got green air bags one side of the box and one end of the box but the other sides and the bottom are not protected. It WAS NOT packaged with any kind of care. And It's not the first one I've received. Another box arrived and it looked like everything was just tossed and covered with those bags.I really feel the packaging team does not care. This also makes SLC look like if it too doesn't care. You guys need to have some kind of meeting with your packers and have them get some kind of training. Remember, UPS does not know the meaning of FRAGILE. UPS can care less than what you packers care, and that's a bad combo.

Comment

• slcAdmin
              slcAdmin commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry that you've received damaged items. We've forwarded your message to our shipping department to alert them to the issue and we are working on a packaging solution for this type of item.
              Last edited by slcAdmin; 02-11-2015, 09:35 AM.

I,ve been a member for 20+yrs.I,ve one question slc are you in business or not..If yes when can we expect return to a professional operation.jack h.

Comment

• slcAdmin
              slcAdmin commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Jack. We are very much in business -- the shipping delays have been caused by a series of unforeseen and unfortunate events. We moved to a much bigger warehouse that can accommodate more products, so that we can expand ours -- and your -- product lineup. Our new shipping software had some issues that we have finally resolved and we are now shipping orders in this timeframe:

FBA – 2 days
              Small drop-ship orders of 3 or less pieces (small items): 2-4 business days
              For Case Picks of 1 or more cases: 5-7 business days
              Large Orders 4 or more pieces: 7-10 business days

We hope to have an update on shipping times in the coming days. In the meantime, the best way to get the latest information is to call Member Services at 1-800-345-4762. Thanks!

Hi sicAdmin,
            I wrote you a reply to a message you sent me. But when I posted it, it said you're not accepting messages. So I'll post my reply here.

Hi sicAdmin,
            My comment was more on your shipping practices. I know allot of the items are well protected but I had ordered a Chip and Dip product which came broken. I called and the item was replaced. It too arrived broken. In both cases, there was protection on two sides of the shipping box and on the top. But two other sides and the bottom were not protected. The shipping boxes were not even damaged in any way. As I also stated, UPS does not know the meaning of the words Fragile, Handle With Care. Anything ceramic needs to be protected much better. You guys loose allot of money when you have to replace broken items and if they keep arriving broken, some customers will say forget it and give me a refund. So who wins here? I am now expecting a third shipment of this item. My replacement is due for this Thursday. Lest us see how it arrives. These practices must improve. If it doesn't, that's where I feel SLC doesn't care.

Comment

• slcAdmin
              slcAdmin commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for letting us know -- we checked our account settings and should be able to receive private messages, but we'll reset again to make sure. After speaking with our buying team and warehouse managers, we are adjusting our packing procedure of these types of items. The packaging of the items themselves from the manufacturers may be the issue, and if that's the case, then we will look for different vendors to source these items in the future. Thanks again!

I like that. Inspection of these items before shipping would be a plus.

Comment

Hello sicAdmin. My third shipment of the same item that arrived broken twice before just arrived, B-R-O-K-E-N! Maybe you care and the higher ups care, but no one in your shipping department cares and this reflects on the whole company. I called customer service and asked for a credit, not a refund because I will be making another purchase soon. But, I will no longer order any ceramic items from SLC and I will remove anything ceramic from my website. Anything ceramic will be ordered from another supplier. I hope this is resolved soon.

Comment

• slcAdmin
                slcAdmin commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Carlos305,
                We understand the frustration of receiving multiple broken items. We are checking with our supplier to see if they can improve the packaging on these type of items. As an immediate action on our part, we are taking all these high-breakage-problem items off our website until a satisfactory fix can be found. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for letting us know so we can prevent this from becoming an issue for other members.

If the supplier ships you these items in the brown shipping boxes and you ship them to us without inspecting them first then it's an issue with the shipper and SLC. If your packers are packing them unprotected on all sides, then it's an issue with the SLC packers and your supplier can't be at fault. Suppliers and packers need to do a better job. I hope you guys settle this soon. I really like those items and I want to order them again after the problem is fixed.

Comment

The military will advise you to take the test but will not inform you what the exam is. It is important that when buying girls sterling silver earrings youthink about buying earrings, Cheap NFL Jerseys China, bangles or bracelets for special occasions. Secure your truck driver training Gold Coast from the best. The bangles to be used upon specialoccasions are always better when you consider the style.Wholesale Jerseys.If you are going through a divorce and want to hire a divorce lawyer in baltimore, please visit the writer’s website at baltimoredivorcelawyers. The DLABPrep. This being the situation, you ought to constantly be cautious about schools that offer very cheap courses since most of them typically provide substandard courses. Making a choice when you know what to take into consideration is always going to be easier.Barrett said Saturday at Washington's fan festival that "the bottom line was I was literally just throwing too much.Be a resource box a multi function motor accident case also know as the a medical malpractice that has resulted in the injury ?about whether or not another is that accountable all your family have to explore data an all in one lawsuit against kale You must take catalyst action also in any of these cases.Make sure to find sources online. You can look in specialized second-hand sporting activities devices retailer to get a selection of goods.Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping.
                Visit my sitehttp://www.nfljerseys-supply.us/

Comment

Working...
                X